FernClan

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FernClan

'A secret lies in every clan...'

4 posters

RULES all members, PLEASE read

Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

RULES all members, PLEASE read Empty RULES all members, PLEASE read

Post by Cinderpool Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:37 pm

Alrighty, here are the official rules. I'll tell you when I make new rules. Please follow them. Any comments, or suggestions are welcome.
    Here is the basic stuff. I know it's long, but please, PLEASE, I'm begging you, read it all. Since no one but people I know are allowed on this site, I'm just lay down the basic rules. not the REALLY basic rules, like not foul language, and stuff. Besides, it's warriors! We have our own lingo. Razz

OFFICIAL RULES
    1 ) Remember - most of this is not a chat area. Stick to the rp and keep the chat where it belongs: the chat thread!

2 ) Try to be as descriptive and creative as possible. Just like the books. Example -
    BAD - "That's cool." I said. And padded away.
    GOOD - "That is soo great! I can't wait!" I yowled to Brambleclaw and leaped into the clearing, my fur bristling with excitment!

3 ) You cannot use red or blue ink alot. As you can see, that's reserved for the moderators (me) to write on threads so you can see it. This is bolded, because it might me new to most of you!

4 ) When your character is speaking, you must use quotes. "" When you are speaking out of character, you need to use ( ) as in (I've got to leave.) or (What did I miss?) This is common courtesy in role-plays.

5 ) Always use your best spelling, grammar, etc. I don't expect you to be perfect. We all make typos or have trouble spelling certain words. That's ok. It's not ok to make frequent typos, spelling, or grammar errors simply out of laziness.

6 ) Powerplaying and godmoding are strictly prohibited. Powerplaying means you are controlling the movements, thoughts, or actions of the character(s) around you.
    Godmoding is when you portray your character as an unbeatable, all powerful and almighty being who is flawless in every way possible.

7 ) Try to be committed. You should ateast get one once a week. Otherwise, it will be like you're not part of the clan!
    8 ) If you are reading the rules, post 'warriors rule bunnies drule' with your agreement.

9) Read the posts and respect others! Don't ask people to summarize their posts, or go...what happened? It's right there! Read it! Don't be lazy! Same with the rules. If you have a problem with them, tell me! Don't go against them.
    10) Pay attention to where you start a topic! Don't start a gathering in the clan meeting section. And especially don't take out a hunting patrol in Stormclan territory!

11 ) Slow Down. You can only have ONE cat in ONE place at ONE time. The three ones. It's hard to keep up with ten different stories for one cat at the same time. Esecially if you only have one cat. Don't star a bazillion new topics! Even if you have a bazillion great ideas! Try to make this as realistic as possible please!
    12)Make hunting hard. You can't just go out there and catch ten of the fattest mice. Plus, follow the hunting guide (in the warrior handbook)Yes, it's a little rusty but follow it!

GLOSSARY

Godmoding - portraying your chanacter as unbeatable, never tires, super nice etc.
    Powerplaying - controlling someone else's character

Roleplay - when someone makes a thread, and gives you a topic. Then, you make a character, and post things your character does. It's kind of like writing a story, but with multiple writers.

RPGs- There are often times where you just want to keep posting over and over and before you know it, there's a whole page of just you and one or two people doing something non-stop. Try not to do this. It makes it harder for others to catch up and sometimes you can leave them behind in things that could really involve their character.
    Thread - 'Chat' and 'FERNCLAN' are threads in this case.
    Topic - The folder you open to start an rp in a thread.

Well, that's got to do it. Feel free to ask any questions, I'll be glad to answer and add anything to this topic! Try to use your best learning skill and stick with this stuff, it will sink in evenually though. Just use that brain! So, comment, and pledge your agreement to the rules.
    [/size]

Last edited by Cinderpool on Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

RULES all members, PLEASE read Empty Re: RULES all members, PLEASE read

Post by Cinderpool Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:41 pm

I don't know why it comes out with the center thing, then the smaller size font at the bottom, but I can't fix it. PLEDGE YOUR AGREEMENT
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:50 am

warriors rule, bunnies drool

What if you have a character like Tigerclaw? You would have to make him at least look unbeatable, wouldn't you? Or maybe that character just thinks they're unbeatable. Is that allowed?
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:57 am

Uhhh. Yah, I guess. Make it reasonable. If he's unbeatable, he has to atleast be bad, ike Tigerclaw, right? Ever Firestar, has weaknesses, or has broken the warrior code a couple times.

they can definately appear unbeatable, and think they are unbeatable but they can't be COMPLEATLY unbeatable. See, even Tigerstar died and he was quite powerfull.

Get what I'm trying to say? If you're going to be immenslt strong, you have to be bad, or just a slow runner. But you can't be the nicest cat in the forest whom everyone loves, and who protects everyone from rouges and always wins and is the most polished, good looking cat ..and so on. lol.
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:03 pm

ok, thanks.

Wait. One more annoying question Smile
    StarClan cats normally ARE super-clean and untiring, and so on. Is that allowed?

Wow, I'm bugging you aren't I? lol. I promise, it's my last annoying question. Unless I think of another one. Smile
    Fern
    Fern

Post by Fern Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:46 pm

Warriors rule, bunnies drool.

I will accept any rule whatsoever as long as it will let me be a part of your forum.
    Best wishes. Fern
    Frostsong
    Frostsong

Post by Frostsong Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:44 pm

Warriors rule, bunnies drool
    (Kind of awkward saying that)

I accept all of these rules above and will keep them. (Or at least try)

One question though.
    What if there is a character who isn't a part of this forum? Let's say... Goldenwhisker (Daddy). And you control them. Like post something with them saying something. (lots of somethings) Is that powerplaying?
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:45 pm

yah. Frostsong's got a point
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:49 pm

That's okay, bring on the questions. No, Starclan may be perfect, but they can't communicate in an insanely clear way with the living. You know? That's why they have prophecies, because if they'd just come out and say it, it would be dumb.

It's allowed, unless you go insane and make a whole quest or something about someone else's made up character, or you can't make them a hero. They're just a small part of the clan, the extras. We're the main characters.
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:50 pm

ok. thanks

be back in half an hour

gotta go eat

I'll be back!! Don't leave
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:18 pm

lol. Okay, anyone anymore questions? Where is Featherwhisker??
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:05 am

That's all the questions I have Smile If I think of any more, I'll post them.
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:23 pm

okay. thanksz. If you ever remember, tell morgan to rp here too. really, she missed so much, and now she's going to quit because she's too lazy to read it all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:39 am