FernClan

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FernClan

'A secret lies in every clan...'

2 posters

Warriors Handbook

Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Warriors Handbook Empty Warriors Handbook

Post by Cinderpool Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:54 pm

Please take a look at this, and skim it over. It's quite usefull to all warriors. Ever the leaders.Thanks.

WARRIOR HANDBOOK

The Warrior Code

1. Defend your Clan, even with your life. You may have friendships with cats from other Clans, but your loyalty must remain to your Clan, as one day you may meet them in battle.

2. Do not hunt or trespass on another Clan's territory.

3. Elders and kits must be fed before apprentices and warriors. Unless they have permission, apprentices may not eat until they have hunted to feed the elders.

4. Prey is killed only to be eaten. Give thanks to StarClan for its life.

5. A kit must be at least six moons old to become an apprentice.

6. Newly appointed warriors will keep a silent vigil for one night after receiving their warrior name.

7. A cat cannot be made deputy without having mentored at least one apprentice.

8. The deputy will become Clan leader when he leader dies or retires.

9. After the death or retirement of the deputy, the new deputy must be chosen before moonhigh.

10. A gathering of all Clans is held at the full moon during a truce that lasts for one night. There shall be no fighting among Clans at this time.

11. Boundaries must be checked and marked daily. Challenge all trespassing cats.

12. No warrior may neglect a kit in pain or in danger, even if that kit is from a different Clan.

13. The word of the Clan leader is law.

14. An honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win his battles, unless they are outside the warrior code or it is necessary for self-defense.

15. A warrior rejects the soft life of a kittypet.

Clan Ceremonies

These are all the ceremonies a Clan leader should know. They can be variated, as long as the structure remains the same.

Leader:
    *at the moonstone w/med cat, sleeping*
    Starclan cats: Welcome, [to-be leader's name]. Are you ready to receive your nine lives?
    Leader: I am. *feels as if he/she were dying; Starclan is taking away his/her old life so he can receive new ones*
    Starclan Cat #1: "I, [name], give you your first life with the gift of courage, to defend your Clan." *touches noses with leader*
    Leader: *gets shock of energy*
    Starclan Cat #2: "I, [name], give you your second life with the gift of justice, to judge your Clan fairly." *touches noses with leader*
    Starclan Cat #3: "I, [name], give you your third life with the gift of loyalty to what you know to be right." *touches noses with leader*
    Starclan Cat #4: "I, [name], give you your fourth life with the gift of tireless energy, so you can serve your Clan to the utmost." *touches noses with leader*
    Starclan Cat #5: "I, [name], give you your fifth life with the desire to protect your Clan, as a queen would protect her kits." *touches noses with leader*
    Leader: *gets strong shock of energy*
    Starclan Cat #6: "I, [name], give you your sixth life with the gift of mentoring." *touches noses with leader*
    Starclan Cat #7: "I, [name], give you your seventh life with the gift of compassion, the compassion like a Healer." *touches noses with leader*
    Starclan Cat #8: "I, [name], give you your eighth life with the gift of love." *touches noses with leader*
    Leader: *gets warm feeling of energy*
    Starclan Cat #9: "I, [name], give you your last life, along with the gifts of nobility, certainty, and faith, so that you will be able to lead your Clan in the way of the Warrior Code for all your nine lives." *touches noses with leader*
    Starclan: "We give you your name as leader of ____clan. From this moment you shall be known as _____star."
    *Chants new leader's name*
    Leader: *wakes up*

Deputy:
    Leader: "I say these words before the spirit of [old deputy]/StarClan, so that his spirit/they may hear and approve my choice. [New deputy] will be the new deputy of [clan name]Clan."
    Clan: [Deputy]! [Deputy]!
    New Deputy: *Usually makes short speech*

Warrior:
    Leader: "[mentor's name], are you satisfied that ___paw is ready to become a warrior?"
    Mentor: "I am."
    Leader: "[Apprentice], come forward."
    Apprentice: Comes forward.
    Leader: "I, ___star, leader of ___Clan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He/She has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend him/her to you as a warrior in his/her turn. ___paw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend this Clan, even at the cost of your life?"
    Apprentice: "I do."
    Leader: "Then by the powers of StarClan I give you your warrior name. ___paw, from this moment you will be known as [warrior name]. StarClan honours your [virtue 1] and [virtue 2], and we welcome you as a full warrior of ___Clan." Rests muzzle on new warrior's head.
    New warrior: Gives leader's shoulder a respectful lick before going to join the other warriors.
    Clan: [New warrior]! [New warrior]!

Apprentice:
    Leader: "From this day forwards, until s/he has earned his/her warrior name, this apprentice will be called ___paw. [Mentor], come forward."
    Mentor: Comes forward.
    Leader: "[Mentor], you were [Menor's mentor]'s apprentice. She/he taught you well, and you have [virtue 1] and [virtue 2]. I hope you will pass on some of those qualities to ____paw."
    Mentor and apprentice: Touch noses.
    Clan: ____paw! ____paw!
    Note: What leader says to mentor can be variated.

Elder:
    Leader: "[Warrior], is it your wish to give up the name of a warrior and go to join the elders?"
    Warrior: "It is."
    Leader: "Your Clan honors you and all the service you have given us. I call upon StarClan to give you many seasons of rest." Lays tail on retiring cat's shoulders.
    Elder: Bows head and joins other elders.
    Clan: *May chant name*

Renaming:
    Leader: "Spirits of StarClan, you know every cat by a name. I ask you now to take away the name from the cat you see before you, for it no longer stands for what he/she is. By my authority as Clan leader, and with the approval of our warrior ancestors, I give this cat a new name. From this moment on she/he will be known as [new name], for [reasons for changing name] we honor his/her [virtues or similar]" Rests muzzle on newly named cat's head.
    Newly named cat: Gives leader's shoulder a respectful lick.
    Clan: [Name]! [Name]!

Medicine cat:
    *at moonstone with other medicine cats and apprentices*
    Medicine Cat: "I, [name], medicine cat of _____Clan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She/He has trained hard to understand the way of a medicine cat, and with your help she/he will serve your Clan for many moons. [Apprentice], do you promise to uphold the way of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between Clan and Clan, and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life?"
    Medicine Cat Apprentice: "I do."
    Medicine Cat: "Then, by the powers of StarClan, I give you your true name as a medicine cat. [Apprentice], from this moment you shall be known as [new name]. StarClan honors your knowledge and certainty, and we welcome you as a full medicine cat of ____Clan.
    Other Meds: [Name]! [Name]!

Medicine cat apprentice:
    *At Moonstone with other med cats and apprentices*
    Medicine Cat: "[Apprentice], is it your wish to enter into the mysteries of StarClan as a medicine cat?"Medicine Cat Apprentice: "It is."
    Medicine Cat: "Then come forward"
    Medicine Cat Apprentice: Come forward.
    Medicine Cat: "Warriors of StarClan, I present to you this apprentice. She has chosen the path of a medicine cat. Grant her your wisdom and insight so that she may understand your ways and heal her Clan in accordance with your will."
    Medicine Cats and apprentices: Lay down before moonstone.

Warrior Cats Hunting Levels
    (as you go lower, it gets harder to catch, and bigger.
    Also, it includes all the ones above it, plus the new ones.)
    Novice: Bugs, butterflies
    Beginner:Small frogs, mice
    Basic: Small rats, small moles.
    Early Warrior: Birds, toads, fish, voles.
    Advanced: Squirrels, rabbits, magpies. (most warriors reach this stage)
    Superior:Ground hogs,hedgehogs.
    Legendary: Badgers, porcupines, beavers.

Last edited by Cinderpool on Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Warriors Handbook Empty Re: Warriors Handbook

Post by Morningstar Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:06 pm

A couple mistakes:

-at the end of the leader ceremony, it says, "All Starclan cats: Leopardstar! Leopardstar!" instead of something like "All Starclan cats: *Chant new leader's name*"
    -Warrior Cats Hunting levels : cats can't hunt scorpions (I think! Razz) Also, beavers are twice as big as a cat. In the fourth series, they are actually considered a new enemy.

That's all, really. Sorry to sound so pushy. You can ignore me if you want *smiles stupidly*
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:58 am

Oh.....i didn't know that. Beavers seem pretty small to me, but it is legendary. I mean....legendary....like tigers, but cats. lol. Yah, the scorpions thing was kinda pushing it. A cat would totally get stung. lol.
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:03 am

Smile Yay. I like being annoying rabbit
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:43 pm

Yay!!

Okay I was thinkig about deleting one of these threads. Like we should know this stuff right? I think I'll remove the Med cat one. I never really use it.
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:32 pm

Sure. Go right ahead, if you want to
    You can also delete all these extra posts, y'know, to keep it clean. Smile
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:33 pm

K, I'll keep this, but get rid of some other stuff.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content