FernClan

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FernClan

'A secret lies in every clan...'

2 posters

Hunting (open)

Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Hunting (open) Empty Hunting (open)

Post by Cinderpool Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:38 pm

Cinderpool stalked through the bushes, climsily raishing her hips, and pounding her paws. Cinderpool stalked the vole.It had already dropped the seed it ws chewing on and was listening for danger, but Cinderpool pounced anyways. The vole heard her just before she landed in a ball of fur and dust. "I'm probably the wost hunter in Starclan." She muttered to herself, shaking her pelt of dust. She heard rustling in the bushes and got ready to run or pounce when a golden-brown warrior came out carrying the vole. He dropped the vole and snickered. "You're probably the worst hunter in the forest, scaring prey onto the next territory." Cinderpool scented Fireclan, and remembered how close she was to the border. "Yah, I guess." she admitted. The tom sniffed her. "And what would a medicine cat be doing, hunting this far from camp?" he asked testily. "I was gathering herbs. I stopped to catch that vole." Cinderpool replyed cooly. "Catch it? You mean scare it away!" he laughed. Cinderpool's pelt bristled. "I'm Sunclaw." he prred, amused at me. "You can keep the vole. Fireclan can find other prey." he said sitting down. Cinderpool watched him closely. She noticed he was on Fernclan territory. "I have the right to claw your ears off you know?" she sneered. "Whoa, there.....uh."
    "Cinderpool." she told him as he stepped back over the border. She looked at the vole and sniffed it. She saw Sunclaw roll his eyes. "I didn't poison it, if that's what you're thinking." he smirkied playfully.
    "No.. I was just checking."
    "For what?"
    "I don't know don't test me!." Cinderpool bristled, annoyed, especially at the facts that he would laugh whenever she go agravated. She picked up the vole.
    "Leaving so soon?" the tom asked. "It's a nice day, why waste it cooped up in a medicine cat den?" he smiled.
    Cinderpool thought about that for a second. She sat down and began to groom the dust out of her fur. "I mean, if you want to get back soon, I understand. It sucks sometimes not to have an apprentice to do things for you."
    Cinderpool stopped. "How do you know I don't have an apprentice?" she said staring at him, her eyes burning into his.
    "Oh, I know things that I shouldn't." he chuckled and looked up at the sky, revealing a small whit epatch of fur under his chin. Chinderpool narrowed her eyes suspiciously, but kept on grooming, swiping a paw over her ear. Suddenly Sunclaw got up. Cinderpool bristled, ready to fight. But he leaped into the bushed. Cinderpool waiting only a few heartbeats before he came back with a squirrle dangling in his jaws. He dropped it, and began to eat it. Again she noticed he was on Fernclan territory, but she didn't bother telling him to move. She'd cover it with some dirt or her own scent. Sunclaw ate some of the squirrle then pushed it closer to her. Cinderpool's mouthwateres. "Want some?" he asked and began to groom himself. Cinderpool nodded and gulped it down. She didn't know how hungry she had been until she was done eating it. But now she was full. She didn't notice how bad of a time it would be for someone to catch them.Cinderpool. buried the squirrle quickly. She got up and picked up the vole. "Goodbye Cinderpool." Sunclaw said, and touched her nose to his. For some reason....Cinderpool didn't stop him.
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Hunting (open) Empty Re: Hunting (open)

Post by Morningstar Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:20 pm

((OH NOES CINDERPOOL! D: Don't tell me... you.. found.. a *choke* mm-m-ate? D8))

Morningstar padded around her den, her mind reeling. The surprise attack had startled every cat in the Clan, including her. FireClan had had no reason to attack! Rage bubbled inside her, but Morningstar pushed it away.
    Many warriors had been wounded in the fight, and Cinderpool wasn't even in the camp! She said she was going to collect some herbs, but then didn't come back.
    StarClan help us!
    Not able to wait anymore, Morningstar decided to risk revealing her secret. She had to treat the wounded warriors; they could get a serious infection, and possibly die. When she became leader, she had promised to take care of every member of FernClan.
    A sudden boost of determination surged through her. So what if everybody knew about her secret? Running out of her den, she swiftly went to the medicine cat's den.
    Feeling around the dark den with her paw, Morningstar brushed against some catmint. No, not catmint, she thought anxiously. After a little frantic searching, she finally found some marigold and horsetail. Gently picking a bundle of each up in her mouth, Morningstar ran out of the den and searched for Runningwind, who had been wounded badly.
    He wasn't hard to find. The young tomcat was lying down in the middle of the camp, panting hard and bleeding heavily from his flank. Padding over to him, Morningstar noticed that his paw seemed twisted too. She hoped it was nothing serious.
    "Sit still," she mewed impatiently, trying to chew the herbs at the same time. Spitting out the sour leaves, she gently applied some to his wound. Morningstar put the pulp all around the edge of the wound and not in the middle, as she had been taught so long ago. This way, the wound wouldn't sting as much, right, Berryleaf? Her time asa medicine cat came flooding back to her, and sadness welled up inside. Worriedly, Morningstar pushed her feelings away. I've got my own patients now, Berryleaf, she thought proudly.

Runningwind must have noticed her expertise. "My, you're pretty good at this," he breathed painfully. "Why didn't you become medicine cat?"
    Morningstar froze in her tracks. She wanted to tell the young tomcat her secret, she wanted to so bad. No, he musn't know, she thought to herself.
    "Let me see that paw," she meowed quickly. "What happened? Did you break it?"
    "I honestly don't know, Morningstar. It may be a broken bone, but I'm no medicine cat... I wouldn't know."
    Feeling it gently with her front paws, she sighed heavily. "It's fractured," she mewed. "You'll have to stay in the medicine cat den until it heals."
    Stunned, Runningwind cast her an anxious glance. "But I need to help my Clanmates!" he complained.
    "You can help them by resting up." Morningstar nudged him gently to his paws. "Let's get you to the den now."
    Runningwind limped and complained bitterly that he was fine, but Morningstar knew better.
    Once inside the den, she showed him where to sleep. Gazing at Runningwind weakly, the FernClan leader hurriedly ran off with her bundle of herbs. There were still more warriors to treat.

Cinderpool, where are you?
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:48 pm

Cinderpool watched Sunclaw pad out of sight. She quickly remembered how long she'd been away, and winced at the thought of the scolding she'd get. Quickly, Cinderpool buried and covered all evidence of this little meeting, and dashed into the ferns. (FERNS!) She sprinted into the forest to find some chevril, horsetail, goldenrod and nettle leaves. She had a mouthful of herbs and spotted poppyseeds on the way. Right when she couln't seem to hold everything, she was finding the richest supplies of herbs. She set down the package and focused of sprinkling some seeds onto a leaf, then bundling it into a tight ball. Cinderpool lost herself packaging the herbs so that they would be easy to carry back. She was done by the time she realised that her stomach was growling and the sun was getting lower. Cinderpool's heart raced. What a horrid medicine cat she was being. Willowfur would be dissapointed. (WILLOWFUR!!!!!) Cinderpool raced back almost ropping and scattering her load on her way down to camp. She burst into the calm clearing and sensed a tense atmosphere. She was in big trouble. Cinderpool avoided the gaze of her clanmates' worried, annoyed and confused glares. She set down the bundle in the medicin cat den and seperated them into their own piles, then filed them into their own little cracks in the rock. She then padded out to Runningwind with some chevril and poppyseeds. She sniffed his wound silently and realised that it was treated. "Did you get into the medicine cat den?" she asked the warrior, who had recently been an apprentice. (i think?) She wrinkled her nose and padded back to the den for some goldenrod. "Keep still." I ordered with a bit of annoyance. I bit into it and juice poured onto the wound. At first it would sting, but then it should numb the pain. I patiently sat down. "So?" I asked awaiting my answer. "What were you doing with my herbs?'
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:50 am

Morningstar was back in her den after treating her Clan. Who knew that medicine cats had such a hard job? She flicked her tail anxiously and smelled the air again.
    Cinderpool.
    Dashing out of her den as fast as her legs could carry her, she skidded to a halt in front of the medicine cat's den. Her ears flattened back, she stepped in. Cinderpool was treating Runningwind. But there was no need to; Morningstar had already made him as comfortable as possible.
    She padded up behind Cinderpool. "He didn't do anything. I treated him."
    Runningwind, seeing the leader's tail fluffed and ears back, lowered his head anxiously.
    "Where... were... you, Cinderpool?"
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:50 pm

Cinderpool's eyes widened. A leader treating cats? That wasn't right! I wanted to ask Morningstar what she was thinking, doing my job. i got a little suspicious, but knew I shouldn't. Morningstar didn't keep secrets. Especially not from her medicine cat. "I-I'm sorry. I was out collecting herbs." I decided not to lie, so I continued. "I was also trying to hunt, and I met a Fireclan cat, Sunclaw, and we chatted a bit. I'm sorry, I should have known that even though I'm a medicine cat, I shouldn't just be friendly with Fireclan." I said and kept my head low. I scolded myself fiercly. How could I have done that?! What was I thinking?! that stupid Fireclan cat! I looked at my paws and brethed quietly, hearing that a hunting patrol had come in. I didn't even bring back any fresh kill and I was hunting.
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:47 pm

Morningstar flicked her tail and glared at her medicine cat quickly. "You know what you did was wrong. Even though you are my trusted friend and our medicine cat, I'll have to punish you." Her gaze softened. "FireClan attacked us while you were gone," she whispered. Morningstar sat down and licked one paw vigorously, then looked back at Cinderpool. "This cat, Sunclaw, must have been used to stall you from returning to heal our warriors."
    Getting up, the leader quickly padded out of the dark den into the crisp air. The sun was setting and leafbare was approaching. The prey was becoming scarce.
    Turning back, she mewed to Cinderpool, "FireClan has been watching us. They knew that you were supposed to go out hunting. You bumping into that cat wasn't a mistake. It was planned."
    The leader's eyes flashed bright green. Turning away, tail flicking menacingly, she padded away.
    Stopping mid-step, she flattened her ears and turned once more to Cinderpool. "You cannot go out of the camp unless you are accompanied by someone, for half a moon. I'm sorry, Cinderpool, but you know I have to do this."
    She stalked quickly back to her den.
    Runningwind had seen the whole thing. Dazed from his loss of blood, he started to whisper. A quick chant. Runningwind couldn't control himself. "Fire and sun, fire and sun, fire and sun..." Then, slowly, painfully and loudly, he yowled out "BLOOOOOOD..."
    Panting, he fell limp on his soft bed of moss.

Farther away, Dappledstar felt a chill run up her spine...
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:28 pm

Cinderpool glared at Morningstar. She stared in horror at her leader. HOW COULD SHE?! She couldn't punish a medicine cat. What if she was called by StarClan to the Moontree? Would they believe her. Cinderpool was about to voice her utter dismay, but her leader padded out. "I will NOT be treated like an apprentice." I thought, and braced myself to leap out of my den when Runningwind started speaking. I listened closely and it sounded like it wasn't a controlled voice. Maybe a prophecy? Or an omen....
    Cinderpool creeped closer. Fire and sun? What could that mean? Blood? She gasped and tried to wake him but he was already dead. (Dead right?)
    "MORNINGSTAR!" Cinderpool thought of calling, but instead sat and grieved for the cat. He was still young, and she didn't feel like speaking with her own leader. Cinderpool laid her head my the tom and prayed a silent thanks that StarClan to took him gently. After a while, Cinderpool decided that she should tell Morningstar. She quietly padded out, and waited outside her den. "Morningstar?"
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:37 pm

Morningstar flicked her ears at the sound of Cinderpool approaching. "Come in," she whispered. Her bed of moss had recently been changed, and it felt good and soft against her tired paws. It was already dark outside, a sliver of moon hiding behind a swath of clouds.
    "Cinderpool, I'll reduce your punishment... I'll make it only quarter of a moon long. That's seven sunrises. I'm sorry, but that's the best I can do..." She gave her chest a quick lick. "What did you come to see me for?"
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:49 pm

Cinderpool wanted to yowl in rage at Morningstar. How was their relationship ever going to be close enough. I didn't know if I could ever forgive her.
    "I came to tell you that Runninwind has gone to StarClan...and he said something before he died." i said then recited it. "Fire and sun, fire and sun, fire and sun." I paused. "Blood." I finnished grimly. I waited to see her reaction.
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:08 pm

Morningstar's slowly flicking tail stopped. "Runningwind? That can't be... he's too young..." she whispered to herself.
    Getting up abruptly, she paced the small den. After a short while, she glanced at Cinderpool, a look of dismay all over her face.
    Dappledstar's going to kill me when she hears about this.
    "Cancel that punishment," she meowed determinedly, padding out of her den. "We need to get more herbs. Protect the Clan. It could be a big prophecy we're dealing with." She turned back to her medicine cat. "But why Runningwind? Why did StarClan choose him to deliver the prophecy?"
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:19 pm

((Why would dappledstar kill her??? oooweeeoooh..))

"That's more like it." Cinderpool thought and followed Morningstar out of the den. "Perhaps they need to show how deadly it is?" suggested Cinderpool in a voice that was well uncertain. "I can take an apprentice or two with me to gather herbs tomorrow, but I think you might have to tell the clan about Runningwind." I also suggested, but it was too late. A yowl came from the medicine cat den. Rosepaw leaped out. "RUNNINGWIND IS DEAD!" she cried and ran to Morningstar. Cinderpool put her tail on the apprentice's shoulder. They were probably friends at some point, being so close in age. (wait....did we just kill Chan's character??)
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:36 pm

(Omg that just occured to me that we killed his character! XD Oh well. He never plays anyway.)(Dappledstar looks EXACTLY like Runningwind. His parents are unknown. [Check his forum, he typed it himself that he never knew his parents.] When he died, she "felt a chill run up her spine"... try and fit the clues together? Razz)

"Rosepaw, it's all right. I know. I am going to speak with the Clan." She flicked the young apprentice's ear gently. "What were you doing in the medicine cat's den anyways?" She asked playfully, with a smug smile.
    Rosepaw gave her a sheepish grin. (Are we allowed to rp for her?? If not sorry then)
    Morningstar leaped onto the Highrock and sat down. She yowled out the familiar message to her Clan.
    "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather at the Highrocks for a Clan meeting!"
    As the Clan assembled below her, Morningstar realized how many cats had been wounded. A pang of guilt throbbed inside her, but she pushed it aside and delievered her message to the waiting Clan.
    "Runningwind is dead."
    Shocked murmurs rippled out from below, and the Clan yowled in dismay. "That can't be!" One warrior piped up.
    "He died giving a prophecy to Cinderpool." She repeated the prophecy to the Clan. "Me and Cinderpool will be working on decoding it. Everybody else will have to help bury Runningwind's body."
    She got up slowly, and flicked her tail to show that he Clan had been dismissed. The shocked cats mingled in the clearing and three of the warriors padded towards the medicine cat's den, getting Runningwind's body out into the clearing.
    Jumping off the Highrock, she signaled to Cinderpool to follow her inside her den.
    Sitting down comfortably, she gazed up at her medicine cat.
    "What do you think it means?" she whispered.
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:45 pm

((Ohhh.....I know....wait....I almost got it!!!!!................................................................................................................... no, I'm too stupid. OH WAIT! Dappledstar is his mom but only Morningstar knows for some mysetious reason and now he's dead so she's gonna get beat up and that really sucks for her????? (run on sentance much? try saying that outloud lol)

AND

(AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH. HIGHROCKS???? WHA?!?!?!?!))

(Sure, Rosepaw's not anyone's character so I guess you can use them Razz)

Cinderpool followed Morningstar into her den and sat. "I'm really not sure." She sighed, wrapping her orange tail over her paws.(do you have one planned out? CAUSE YOU SHOULD!) "Obviously, blood will shed. But what is fire and sun? Fireclan? What does the sun have to do with Fireclan?" I wondered and my mind ventured into many options, but none of them seemed clear. I stared at the den walls behind my leder, my eyes glazed in thought.
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:01 pm

(( Omg you got it EXACTLY right. I took Runningwind in for Dappledstar, so we have sort of a "truce" for doing her sucha huge favour and covering it up so everybody thought I had found him in the forest mysteriously. Smile So now I have to tell her that he's dead, right? I mean I can't just... NOT tell her lol Razz)
    (HIGHROCKS? lolwhat? I meant... whatever that thing's called. eeeh. The one for CLAN meetings. lol I dunno anymore! Sad)
    (And YES I DO have something planned out for the prophecy! Do you want me to tell you? Razz)

Morningstar sighed heavily. Outside, Runningwind's clanmates were grieving for him... she felt a pang of sadness. But she forced herself to focus on figuring out what StarClan was trying to say.
    "Could it mean... ? No," she whispered quietly to herself.
    "Well, we know for sure about the blood part. Fire probably means FireClan, what with their recent surprise attack and all. But sun... ? This is the part where we're stumped."
    "What could have to do with FireClan and blood that has the word 'sun' somewhere in it? Or even in its meaning?"
    Morningstar pondered for a bit. Then it hit her....

Sunclaw!
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:25 pm

(( KEWL LOL))

(GASP GASP GAAASP!!! FERNTREE Sad )

(oooh. yah.)

Cinderpool thought. "Sun, fireclan, fire...blood? What does it all mean?." Cinderpool was getting extremely agrivated with this all. After all it WAS her first 'prophecy. "Maybe...they will...nah." She growled, confused. Cinderpool was about ready to bite her tail off in frustation (lol) (go ahead and say what it means. I think I know)
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:36 pm

((OMG. I MEANT TO SAY FERNTREEEE! Sad Sad Sad Sad Forgive me?))

"I think I figured it out," Morningstar whispered excitedly. "What was the name of that cat you met on the border?" She stared at Cinderpool expectantly.
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:40 pm

Cinderpool's eyes widened. "SUNCLAW!" I yowled out. "Sunclaw from FrieClan!" I said, excited, but suddenly it all dissapeared. "..will shed blood..." I gasped. "HE will shed blood? He'll kill cats? Or...." I wasn't quite sure how to piece it together, but it wasn't good. (Ok solve it now.....O_O)
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:22 pm

"Yes... it's him," Morningstar whispered slowly. "Either he'll shed blood, or he'll make others shed blood. The second option sounds a lot more like something StarClan would need to tell us, don't you think?"
    Without waiting for an answer, Morningstar continued. "This could mean something big," she meowed. "There could be another battle coming up. It could involve all of FireClan."
    Getting up, she padded out of her small den and signaled for Cinderpool to follow. She peered inside the medicine cat's den, then slowly walked in. Running one paw along the line of herbs Cinderpool had prepared, she whispered each one's name to herself.
    "Comfrey, horsetail, lavender, chickweed, burdock root, marigold... we're low on goldenrod and cobwebs. There's no more chervil root or coltsfoot, but that's unnecessary for wounds..."
    Morningstar didn't pay attention to Cinderpool, and finished taking stock of the herbs.
    "Let's go get what we need," she meowed to Cinderpool with a sigh. "We'd better be ready for this battle."
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:45 pm

Cinderpool's eyes widened. She stred at Morninstar, her LEADER, completely taking over the job she's been working for her intire life. "Morningstar, why is it that you know so much about herbs and being a medicine cat?" I tested. I didn't say it with jealosy or hate, but with curiosity and confused-ness (lol?) I stared at her still, my blue and green gaze burning into her. I waited anxiously for her reply, and it was especially confusing since Morningstar was right about the stock.
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:06 pm

Morningstar panicked. Her eyes flashed with surprise, but only for a second.
    She sighed. "Cinderpool," she whispered, "you don't want to know."
    Flicking her tail nervously she led her medicine cat out of the den and out into the forest. "I'll help you carry all the herbs to camp if you'd like," she meowed cheerily, changing the topic. "I know where to fi-"
    she stopped mid sentence, eyes large. "Nevermind," she mewed.
    Dashing through the ferns (FERNS), the tabby found a clump of goldenrod. She hurriedly chewed some off and brought them to Cinderpool.
    "All we need is cobwebs now," she meowed.
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:49 pm

Cinderpool wanted ot hiss. DO IT YOURSELF, IF YOU KNOW ABOUT IT SO WELL!!! She just wanted to yell, but instead she narrowed her eyes and reluctantly padded on an hearb patrol, her LEADER at the front. I didn't even bother saying anything. I just flicked my tail annoyedly (that even a word??) and followed for the cobwebs.

((Honestly, I think this "Morningstar being a med cat" thing is getting a bit ridiculous. ))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:17 pm