FernClan

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FernClan

'A secret lies in every clan...'

3 posters

Morningstar's Secret

Morningstar
    Morningstar

Morningstar's Secret Empty Morningstar's Secret

Post by Morningstar Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:30 pm

Morningstar sat at the base of the Ferntree. She sighed sadly, thinking hard, trying to remember... and then it all came back to her. All of a sudden, as if she had been lost and now she found her way, she knew. She remembered.

Yes, there he was. There stood Nightpelt, in all his glory, stars shimmering in his fur. He was a sight for sore eyes, and Morningstar was thrilled to see him again.
    Nightpelt. It was really him. She couldn't believe it! There he was, coming closer to her...
    "Hello, Morningstar," he purred.
    "Oh, Nightpelt! You're here!" She purred so loudly, it sounded like a monster was going right by her. "Where were you?" she meowed. "I was searching for you... Acornstar said you had gone off for a little while. He said you'd be back, but I was so worried..."
    "Acornstar? Really? I hadn't seen him. I was just out exploring the land, my love. Nothing to be worried about, really." He purred very loudly.
    "So...how is it like in StarClan?" she whispered. Sadness welled up inside her. Nightpelt may be in her dreams, but he was dead. This was one fact that was impossible for Morningstar to face.
    "Very interesting, you know. Ol' Yellowfang brought ticks with her to StarClan, now most everybody has them, but we're working on it. The poor girl, she was scratching like crazy..." he trailed off, noticing the sadness in Morningstar's eyes. "What's wrong?" he mewed.
    "How's...Patchkit?" Her voice trembled as she said her kit's name.
    Nightpelt gave her a look of sympathy. "She adjusted well, Morningstar. Don't worry about her. The cute thing is, she always asks what mother looks like..."
    Mornigstar gulped down the overwhelming sorrow she felt. She slowly nodded, and looked up into his bright yellow eyes.
    "Now it's my turn to ask a question," Nightpelt meowed. "How are Cherrypaw and Cedarpaw?"
    The sadness that Morningstar had carefully blocked came tumbling back down. Cherrypaw. Cedarpaw. "They're fine," Morningstar whispered. "They don't know who their real mother is, because Petalwhisker, one of our queens, said she would gladly be their 'mother'."
    Nightpelt looked at her in dismay. "Doesn't know who their mother is? Why?"
    Morningstar swallowed hard. "Back when I was young, I had planned to be a Medicine Cat. Remember that?" she whispered.
    Nightpelt nodded his head and urged her to go on.
    "Then I knew I was pregnant...and I was a Medicine Cat apprentice! I went to a quiet place and had my kits, just like poor Yellowfang had to do. After that, I decided not to be a Medicine Cat anymore. I was itching to go and hunt and fight, but instead I had to collect herbs. It was very boring."
    "Yes, I remember," Nightpelt meowed.
    "Well, I had to tell them that their mother was Petalwhisker. If they had known that their mother was a Medicine Cat apprentice, I would have been banned from the Clan for breaking the warrior code." she meowed.
    "Maybe you should tell Cedarpaw and Cherrypaw who their real mother is," Nightpelt mewed softly.
    Morningstar sighed and shook her head. "Okay," she meowed. Her voice trembled.
    "Goodbye, Morningstar, my love..." Nightpelt whispered.
    Morningstar's eyes grew wide. Nightpelt started to turn faint. "No!" she yowled. "Nightpelt! Don't leave me! I need you!"

Morningstar awoke with a startled gasp. She was sweating and panting hard. Her head swirled with thoughts. One of them was very loud and painful; "He's gone, he's gone, he's gone..." it repeated over and over.
    "No," she whispered. "Come back, Nightpelt, my love..."

"Who's Nightpelt?" asked a curious voice. Morningstar looked up. There was Cedarpaw and Cherrypaw, sitting side by side, staring at their leader in confusion. "And what did you say about our mother?" Cherrypaw mewed.

((Ooh! Intriguing! Very Happy Post either rp as Cherrypaw or Cinderpaw or tell me what you think of Nightpelt and all of this. Sorry it's so long, I can get carried away...))

Last edited by Morningstar on Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Morningstar's Secret Empty Re: Morningstar's Secret

Post by Cinderpool Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:48 pm

((Omg omg omg!! That is soo good. Who is Cherrypaw? Are you gonna play her after you die? I wanted to be your daughter! So Nightpelt's your mate? But he dies travelling? Why is Cinderpaw in this? What do I do? SO MANY QUESTIONS!!))

Last edited by Cinderpaw on Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:37 pm

QUOTE: Who is Cherrypaw? Are you gonna play her after you die? I wanted to be your daughter! So Nightsatar's your mate? But he dies travelling? Why is Cinderpaw in this? What do I do? :END QUOTE

((Cherrypaw is my second-favourite apprentice (next to you!), and I just came up with her in Morningstar's Hunt. I needed a new character, because that's where I will tell her that I am her mother. And his name is NightPELT, not NightSTAR. And he died in some mysterious way...yet to be revealed. Very Happy In this story, you are just really confused and you keep bugging me to find out who Nightpelt is. And I don't know how it will end yet. Very Happy))
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:53 pm

((ok, so may I rp? If you just want it to be a story, I'll delete this. Smile))
    I stared at Morningstar. SO many questions were swirling through my head annoyingly. Like you were inthe middle of a river of mice, yet you couldn't catch a single one! There were just so many!
    I didn't want to seem like I expected a story, so I didn't sit. Instead, I looked into Morningstar's sleepy eyes, they shuffled back to Cherrypaw. (Can they be like BFF?) "Er, maybe we should leave her alone..It was a bad idea to come in without permission." I whispered into Cherrypaws ear. I was curious, but I was also expecting Mornignstar to get angry for being rude apprentice us, and punish us with elder duty. So I got ready to apologize and get my sorry tail out of here before I, a medicine cat apprentic, got chores!
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:39 pm

((Okay, I'm going to change something in the first post. When Nightpelt asks me how Cherrypaw is, pretend it says CINDERPAW and Cherrypaw. Ok? and maybe, maybe, um, Cherrypaw could be a faraway sister-either much younger or much older than you. How about that? And you don't know I'm your mother, you think your mother is Petalwhisker. And then, when I finally tell you, you're actually happy, but Cherrypaw just thinks it's weird that the clan leader is her mother. We'll both rp as Cherrypaw, if you don't mind Smile but you don't have to. And yes, you can be best friends, because you have a strange connection to each other.))

The curious meow startled Morningstar awake, and she opened her eyes to see Cherrypaw and Cinderpaw sitting side by side, watching her. Embarrasment seeped into her pelt, because she had obviously talked in her sleep. For a second, she didn't know how to explain to the apprentices why she was yowling Nightpelt's name in the middle of the night, but then she realized that Cinderpaw was backing away. Cherrypaw reluctantly followed, but she cast one last curious look towards Morningstar, and she pretended to be asleep, although she knew it wouldn't work.
    After the two cats had left, she got up and stretched. She sighed wearily, longing and sadness burning inside of her, and she heard Nightpelt's words once again.
    Maybe you should tell them who their real mother is...
    Sadness welled up inside her chest. Be strong, she told herself. You can do this.
    Slowly, she padded out of her den, in search for Cherrypaw and Cinderpaw.

((It's really short this time...))

Morningstar cat
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:31 pm

((But i'm spottedpelt's daughted. I wanna be CEDARpaw, your daughter. Razz))
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:49 pm

I mean with Cedarpaw. Maybe this can be set in the future? Like, Cherrypaw is in the future along with Cedarpaw. and Nightpelt asks me "How's Cedarpaw and Cherrypaw?" instead. Of course, if you don't want to be Cherrypaw's sister, you don't have to.
    Frostsong
    Frostsong

Post by Frostsong Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:50 pm

What are you talking about?
    I never get you guys
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:52 pm

I do I do I do!!! Change it! yay! OK OK OK i'm so happy. Razz
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:56 pm

Ok, Jeesu, here's an explanation....

Nightpelt is my long-dead mate. (If you read the first post, you'll find out all about him.) He asks, "How's Cherrypaw?" and she's basically my daughter. (She's some made-up cat, ok?) But she doesn't KNOW I'm her mother.

And then Sabrina asked me, "Why can't I be your daughter?" and I say, ok, then pretend that Nightpelt said "How's Cinderpaw?" instead.

Then she told me she wanted to be my daughter with a different character, named Cedarpaw. So I said ok to that.

If you still don't understand, just read the first and fifth post, both made by me, to read the story. Smile

Morningstar cat
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:59 pm

kay kay it's fixed Smile

Morningstar cat
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:00 pm

Yay! Cedar, Cinder, Cherry! CCC LOLLOLOLOLOLOL
    Frostsong
    Frostsong

Post by Frostsong Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Lots of names you've got there, Sab (Cederpaw, Cinderpaw, Cherrypaw, former deputy{Spottedpelt})
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:22 am

((LOLz. Okay...so let's continue the rp. where were we?))
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:23 am

Morningstar padded shakily out of her den. The dream had drained a lot of energy from her, and she felt weak. She took a small mouse from the fresh-kill pile and ate it hastily, chewing thoughtfully as she planned the conversation.
    First, she would walk up to Cherrypaw and Cedarpaw. She would take them to the hunting hollow, away from the camp. Then, she would tell them.
    She finished her mouse and sighed. Her head still throbbed with pain, from knowing that Nightpelt was gone. The unnerving sadness came once again, but she ignored it.
    Cherrypaw and Cedarpaw were sitting down at the front of the apprentices' den, sharing tongues. As Morningstar padded to them, Cherrypaw looked up.
    "Come," she whispered, and started padding away, toward the camp entrance. She wasn't sure if they were following her or not, but she couldn't bear to look back.
    The soft ferns guarding the entrance tickled her face as she padded out of the camp. Those ferns were why the Clan was named FernClan...their majestic beauty towered over Morningstar, taller than a sheep. In the wind, they would dance, and in the sunshine, they would stand there, guarding the cats of FernClan.
    She reached the hunting hollow and stopped. The apprentices were nowhere to be seen.
    Are they coming?
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:35 pm

Cedarpaw: I hesitated for a second, then looked at Cherrypaw. "Come on." I whispered to her and padded quickly after Morningstar. I broke into a run, I didn't want to loose her. I burst through some bushes into the training hollow and skidded to a halt under Morningstar's chin. I backed up, with my tain down."Uh..uh uh Morningstar." Where was Cherrypaw to back me up!? I thought furiously in my head.
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:10 pm

Morningstar smiled gently down at the apprentice. My daughter. Thoughts whizzed through her head, some pleasant, too many not so nice. But there was no time to worry about all that right now.
    Cherrypaw was racing towards them at full speed, and she nearly crashed into a nearby tree. Cherrypaw got up, smiled sheepishly, and sat down beside Cedarpaw.
    Morningstar sighed, and slowly began her story.

She finished not long after. She looked up expectantly, and only then did she realize she had been staring at her paws the way a kit does when they confess to doing something wrong. There was a hopeful glimmer in her eye, but the stare she got back was not too pleasant. Cherrypaw looked close to gagging!
    How will she react?
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:40 pm

"So...." I said, my mouth gaping in shock. "We're, we're your daughters?" I studdered in utter shock, fear, excitement anad ..I don't know what else! My mind was jumbled. I didn't know what to say, how to react. "And Cherrypaw...you're my sister?" I whispered. "Peatalwhisker isn't my mother?" I asked, even though I knew all the answers. I looked at Cherrypaw, my whisters trembling.
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:04 pm

Morningstar looked lovingly at her two kits. "Now you know," she whispered. Then, she looked up. Her vision was starting to fade. The stars of Silverpelt were starting to shine through.
    "They know, Nightpelt." she meowed, although it was barely audible.
    She stood up shakily and breathed deeply.

Then she collapsed to the ground.
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:07 pm

"Morningstar!" I yowled and leaped to her side. I checked her breating and looked at her. What could I do. "What happened?" I asked nocat in particular. "Unless....Nightpelt! Cherrypaw, she might be having a dream!"

(Statistics please? Breathing? closed eyes? moaning? aything?!?)
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:20 pm

((Hi. I just fainted. Nightpelt is...well, read this, and you'll find out. Meanwhile, you're trying to drag me back to camp or something like that.))

The wide clearing in front of Morningstar looked oddly familiar. Then she knew what it was.
    The StarClan camp!
    Her whiskers quivered out of excitement at thinking that she may see Nightpelt again. And there he was. Her heart skipped one beat, then another. It was him!
    He padded slowly up to her, purring softly.
    "I told them," her voice shook with the weight of sadness. "They know now. Am I here to stay?" she asked.
    "Not yet, my love," he whispered sweetly. "Your kits need you. I can wait."
    "But I want to stay with you," she whimpered like a little kit.
    "And abandon your kits?" he smirked. "I don't think so, my love."
    She sighed, and Morningstar knew he was right.
    "I will see you soon, my love," he mewed. "Goodbye..."
    She watched him fade. The sky turned red. Screeching filled the air, and the sticky smell of blood washed over her.
    "Wake up!" A voice screeched at her. She jumped back in fright. The voice seemed to surround her, not letting her escape. "Wake up!" it screeched again.

Morningstar woke to the smell of herbs. She was in the medicine cat's den. Cherrypaw was sitting with her tail wrapped around her paws, watching her intently. Cedarpaw was lying down beside her, whispering over and over, "Wake up...wake up..."
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:32 pm

(OK. Yah, we';re at the Med cat den.)
    ((Okay, if your heart really skips a beat, will you die??))

Cedarpaw: I stared at Morningstar, my paws tucked worriedly under my chest. "Wake up....wake up...where are you?" I asked sadly. She could not possibly be dieing, I thought.
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:21 pm

((No, you won't die if your heart skips a beat. Smile ))

A slightly nauseated Morningstar woke up. She felt very warm, and then she realised that her kits were there, watching her and waiting for her to wake up. Cedarpaw seemed distraught, so Morningstar weakly leaned over and licked her ear.
    "I'm right here, my kit," she mewed softly. "Don't worry."
    She looked fondly at Cherrypaw, who was sitting beside Cinderpool.
    She still felt very warm. A small cough emerged from her throat, and she felt too weak to hold it back.
    Her mind raced back to Nightpelt. She saw a starry cat sitting at the entrance of the medicine cat den. He purred, then slowly faded away.
    A small rumble came from Cherrypaw. Morningstar purred back.
    Everything was all right again.
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:42 pm

(KK thnx. It was just a random thought)
    Cedarpaw: I nuzzled my snout into her fur and breathed her scent like a little kit. "Mother" I whispered quietly. I know some cats would be slow to get to know their mother, but I always felt like she was closer to me than just leader.

Cinderpool: I padded to the fresh kill pile and brought the apprenticies a mouse. I brought over a vole for Morningstar and a vole for myself.
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:54 pm

((So, is it done now??))

Morningstar sat down again and refused the mouse she had been offered. "The Clan has to eat first," she whispered. A hoarse cough followed, and she sighed wearily.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content