FernClan

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FernClan

'A secret lies in every clan...'

4 posters

Honeyfur's Secret

Morningstar
    Morningstar

Honeyfur's Secret - Page 2 Empty Re: Honeyfur's Secret

Post by Morningstar Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:59 pm

Honeyfur paused, tasting the air. The smell of prey hit her, and pretty soon she found the trail. It led right to a plump, black mouse, which would be perfect to use for the plan.
    She killed it easily, and she forgot to give thanks to StarClan for its life. ((Or did she "forget" on purpose?))
    Dewfoot was waiting for her, crouching down in the shade of a thick fern. He gave a satisfied nod at the mouse, which Honeyfur dropped at his paws. With one quick slash, a deep hole was visible in the side of the mouse. Dewfoot picked it up and started padding towards the abandoned Twoleg nest, where the poison was.
    Everything was done in complete silence, so that they would not be spotted. Honeyfur found some moss and dipped it in a small pool of poison. It had a nasty scent, and she wondered how she was going to hide the smell.
    After squeezing the deadly liquid into the mouse, Honeyfur flung the moss where nobody would find it. She tasted the air, and finally caught onto a faint scent of poppy seeds. When she reached the flowers, she grabbed one by the stem and shook it gently, and the seeds scattered onto the forest floor. Dewfoot picked them up in his mouth and, careful not to swallow them, put them into the mouse.
    "It's ready," he meowed. Honeyfur nodded. She picked up the mouse tenderly.
    They padded silently back to camp.
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:07 pm

((Do you mind if I stop them somehow? or do you want morningstar to die??)
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:10 pm

((Go ahead, stop them. You'll see Smile ))
    Frostsong
    Frostsong

Post by Frostsong Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:19 pm

Frostsong padded back to camp as it drew near daybreak. The other cats were sitting around, some sharing tongues, some eatng fresh-kill. She wanted to report to Morningstar about seeing Honeyfur and Dewfoot talking, alone together. But she knew all of this would go away soon. Honeyfur was a queen, she had to be treated with some care. This was not the time to be tattle-taling on a little problem.
    But there was one thing that she cared about. She had seen Honeyfur turn her gaze on her, and there was an unusual feeling about it. She had also heard a name being mentioned in whispers, as Dewfoot backed away from Honeyfur. A chill went down her spine. This was not good...
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:39 pm

I was sickened. After catching my breath, I realised I was a fool. i had to help them. yes, i was a Medicine cat, but i was glad I took some fighting classes, just incase. Two warriors against a Medicine cat was beyond unfair, but I had a duty to my clan. I ran, again, and followed their scent away from the river. I'd have to hurry. I ran so quickly, that I couldn't stop to stalk them, I'd probably already made noise. So I picked up speed, like my own life depended on it. I crashed over the bushes and found myself on Honeyfur's back. I knew I shouldn't injur a queen, and even though this was a bad deed, leapt off and jumped on Dewfoot instead. I was impressed with myself. I was pretty fast. Now this, I wasn't going to regret: I slashed Dewfoot, with the hardest slash I've ever slashed (lol) right over the ribcage. I yowled loudly, hoping i could recive some backup. I tore at his fun and when he flicked me off, went right for his tail.
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:53 pm

Dewfoot, surprised by the sudden attack, cried out in pain. He lay limp on the ground, bleeding badly from his gash. Honeyfur, panic stricken, had grabbed the mouse and ran back to camp. ((You're still with Dewfoot, though, seeing if he's still alive)) She bolted towards the leader's den, pausing to catch her breath before entering.
    "Morningstar, I brought some fresh-kill for you," she mewed sweetly.
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:48 pm

I looked at Dewfoot, and almost cried in terror. Half of me was screming to stop Honeyfur, but my Medicine cta instincts were bugging me to help that poor creature!.......I back tracked my own thoughts. Poor creature? I glanced once more at him and ran towards camp. What a fowl cat! Honeyfur had just left him there to die, and went on with her own mission. I yowled as loud as I could, screeching and meowing as loud as I could, hoping the commotion would startle the camp, and hopefully Morningstar. i pain hit me, as I thought if Morningstar had already taken the bait. I vowed to hate myself forever if I let her die. A quick thought passed though my head: I could turn now and come back to camp with counter poison herbs, but I might be too long. I perished the thought and gave another terrified yowl.
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:10 pm

Dewfoot had been pretending.
    He sprang to life and sprinted after Honeyfur. The gash in his side hurt horribly, but he didn't pay attention to it. Cinderpool's fear scent was all over the place, and it almost made him gag. He had to help her finish Morningstar off! He had made a promise. And Dewfoot kept his promises.

Morningstar thanked Honeyfur and bent down to take a nibble of the mouse. A strange smell was coming from it, a familiar smell...
    ...the Twoleg nest.
    Where there was poison!
    A lowd yowl startled her, and Honeyfur gave a nervous glance at the entrance. She shifted her weight so that her body covered the exit, and sat there, fearful that somebody had caught on to her plan.
    Another yowl filled the air. A flash of light came to Morningstar, and she remembered the screeches she heard in the prophecy; they sounded ominously similar. Then she realised what was happening.
    A growl formed in her throat.
    Honeyfur's eyes grew wide.
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:19 am

I burst into the clearing, bumping into other cats who thought I was an intruder, them: not having enough to smell that it was me, sprang and screeched and yowled, charging at me...and dewfoot, who I realised was right behind me. I stopped, trying to swerre from the nursery. I hoped Dewfoot was right behind me, because i burst right into Morningstar's den and onto Honeyfur's back, giving her my hardest cuff around her ears (which wasn't THAT hard, but you know...)I screeched a sigh of relif, seeing as the mouse was untouched. My tail fluffed out, and i did not release Honeyfur. Other Fernclan warriors finally came in and ripped me away from her, and held all three of us: Honeyfur, Dewfoot, and I onto the ground.

Lightningclaw: I ran to check if Morningstar was okay. "Morningstar! Are you okay?" I said sniffing her over. "We've caught the traitors..." I assumed they'd been traitors, because they charged for Morningstar. "...I never thought Cinderpool..." I said shaking my head.
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:38 am

"Cinderpool is not a traitor," I said shakily. "These two are."
    I padded out of my crowded den, and I called a meeting.
    "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather at the Ferntree for a Clan meeting."
    The cats who had pinned down Cinderpool let her go. The other two pushed the traitors out into the clearing, where everybody could see them.
    "Look at the Clan you have betrayed, Honeyfur. You too, Dewfoot." Morningstar paused. "You will both be punished. Cinderpool, tell everybody about Honeyfur's murderous plan."
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:23 pm

I nodded, still shaken, but I went on to explain the story. "It all began when Honeyfur came with Fireclan scewnt, to a gathering. As you all know, she was pregnant with Cheetahstar's kits. This was beyony breaking the warrior code, and so, doing her duty, Morningstar sentenced her to elder duty, and announced that the kits will leave Fernclan as soon as they are born." I said, looking at Honeyfur. "Like any mother, she got angry, and so, concucted a plan to posion a rat and feed it to Morningstar. And the poison would kick in a couple days later, so she would've eaten many mice by then, and Honeyfur would have murdered Morningstar, and remain looking innocent." I explain. Many cats gasped. "And you ask: 'How did Dewfoot get involved?' Well, Honeyfur asked him to help put, because she knew he wasn't as fond of Morningstar either, but he was close to turning it down. I don't know what made him do it, but I qoute his exact words: (sorry if they're not exact) "For you, Honeyfur, I'll do anything."" I paused and took a breath. "Then, when they were on the move, I attacked Dewfoot, and Honeyfur, went on with her mission, leaving him out there with that open gash. So she went on and gave Morningstar the prey. " I said, tierdly, still panting, signaling Morningstar to take over.
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:30 pm

Morningstar nodded respectfully in Cinderpool's direction. "Thank you, Cinderpool, for explaining this to us." She turned to Honeyfur and gave her an icy stare.
    Honeyfur laid her ears down flat on her head. She mewed like a tiny kit separated from its mother.
    "As for you," Morningstar meowed, "Not only will your kits not stay, but you will not stay either. Honeyfur, I banish you from FernClan, and if you return..." she paused. "You will die."
    There was a collective gasp from the cats below. Murmuring followed, and Honeyfur's mother ((an elder named Tawnyclaw)) gasped. "Not my kit!" she pleaded. A nearby cat licked Tawnyclaw's ear to try to comfort her.
    "And as for you," Morningstar meowed to Dewfoot, "You will be punished severely. Dewfoot will be considered an outcast for three moons. He will be treated horribly, and will be the last to eat. Even after these three moons have passed, he will not take a mate or an apprentice. He also may not leave the camp for a moon."
    Her punishment seemed good. Dewfoot gave her a hard, cold stare and a low growl too. Morningstar, not worried by his threat, faced the cats assembled below her.
    "If anybody spots Honeyfur on FernClan territory, they must kill her. And if Dewfoot is seen outside of the camp, not following orders, or anything similar, please report to me."
    She turned to face Honeyfur one last time. "Go," she meowed.
    Honeyfur hissed. She arched her back and fluffed her tail up.
    "Now!" Morningstar yowled.
    The golden she-cat stalked past the cats assembled below. She paused at the entrance to the camp.
    "You haven't seen the last of me!" she yowled. Then she ran away.
    "My kit!" Tawnyclaw meowed loudly. The cat beside her leaned over, licking her ear again, trying to comfort her. Nothing seemed to work; Tawnyclaw was distraught. She leapt to her paws and ran out of the camp.
    Morningstar ignored Tawnyclaw's outburst. "That is all," she meowed, before padding back into her den, motioning for Cinderpool and Lightningclaw to follow.
    ((Sorry it's so long...))
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:34 pm

(no, no long is good Very Happy)

I followed Morningstar. I felt her punishments were not cold,and harsh, but only fair. She was doing what was best for the clan. I wondered what Honeyfur meant when she said it wouldn't be the last of her.

Lightningclaw: I assembled a patrol to make sure that Honeyfur left Fernclan for sure, and to return news of Tawnyclaw. I then leaped over to Morningstar.
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:23 pm

Once inside the den and settled comfortably, Morningstar turned to face the two cats. The poisoned mouse was still in her den, and the horrible stench of Twolegs filled the air. Morningstar ignored it and spoke.
    "Honeyfur was a traitor," she meowed somberly, "but Tawnyclaw is not. She will be back, this much I know for sure. As for Honeyfur, I think she will go to Cheetahstar. She hates him passionately, it's true, but he's her last chance."
    She shuffled around, getting an annoying feather out of her fur.
    "Life here in FernClan has to go back to normal. This will not be mentioned at the Gathering, unless Cheetahstar decides to tell the whole forest that he had brought a traitor into his Clan."
    She sighed deeply. Morningstar gently tucked her paws underneath her.
    "And as for Dewfoot, when a moon is over, and he is allowed to leave camp again, he will probably run away too. But that is not for us to decide. For now, we can relax."
    She dipped her head. "Thank you for coming," she meowed. "Lightningclaw, please get a warrior to take this...mouse away. I will change the moss, so that the stench of poison won't cling to my fur."
    She padded out of her den, and then out of camp, to look for some fresh moss.
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:21 pm

Lightningclaw: I dipped my head. "What a waste of prey." I muttered, shaking my head. I called for Leaftail. "Help me rid of this mouse." I said. Leaftail noodded, and grabbed the tail.

Cinderpool: I nodded and went off to find something that might help with that stench.

((What now?))
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:53 pm

((I think it's done. Smile))
    That night, with the mouse gone and the stench almost gone, Morningstar lay down in her comfortable new bedding. She purred contentedly and fell asleep almost immediately. Outside, a thin layer of snow lay on the ground, and it was getting colder very fast. Leafbare was finally here.

Honeyfur padded on, shivering violently. She cursed Morningstar and she cursed Cheetahstar. She knew what she had to do.
    But she didn't want to do it.
    With a loud sigh she padded in the direction of FireClan territory.
    The entrance to FireClan camp was well hidden, and it took Honeyfur quite some time to find it. By now she was sure she had greencough. Her belly was very swollen with the unwanted kits. She would love them fiercely anyways, and she would not let Cheetahstar get in her way.
    She padded confidently into the camp. Some of the FireClan warriors scented her and sprang out of their dens snarling.
    "I need to speak with Cheetahstar," she meowed cooly.
    ((You can be Cheetahstar, I guess. idk!))
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:26 pm

((Well, i don't know...shouldn't you be him?))

((We could send this to the Elder's Den, and start a new chapter called "Honeyfur's Return" or someting.))
    Morningstar
    Morningstar

Post by Morningstar Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:07 pm

((ok! Very Happy Awesome))
    Cinderpool
    Cinderpool
    Admin

Post by Cinderpool Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:42 am

((KK, so as soon as you post Honeyfur's Return, or whatever you want to call it, I'll send this one to the Elder's Den. Smile))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content